Children’s Team Coordinator
Liverpool MRC is seeking to employ a Children’s Team Coordinator to ensure the delivery of high quality services for children aged 0 – 12 years and their families.
This role will be equivalent to SCHADS Level 5, with salary sacrifice options available.
This is a flexible position of between 21 – 28 hours per week.
A clear Working with Children Check and Police Clearance will apply to the successful applicant, and to remain employed you must not be a prohibited person under the Act.
For further information and questions please contact Kamalle Dabboussy on (02) 8778 1224.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Hold a Diploma in Children Services (or demonstrated equivalent)
- Demonstrated knowledge of child development in the context of communities with disadvantage
- Experience in program management showing demonstrated ability to plan, implement and evaluate children’s programs
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage staff
- Demonstrated ability to engage and communicate with children and parents from diverse language, religious, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues, and legislative requirements
- Demonstrated experience in reporting and data collection
- Understanding of WH&S considerations and procedures
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Compliance Checklista. Driver’s licence and use of comprehensively insured personal vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Have or able to obtain a current first aid certificate
- Able to provide a clear Working with Children Check and Police Clearance (to be supplied before starting)
- Physically able to load and unload resources for activities as required
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Bi-cultural and bi-lingual background
- Possess industry knowledge and insight into current sector trends
- Experience with Office365
When lodging your application, you must submit the following information:
- letter of application addressing the essential and desirable selection criteria
- résume outlining relevant qualifications and experience
- at least 2 professional referees, including their name, position and phone number
Emailed and faxed applications are accepted. However, we recommend that you post the original. It is up to you to ensure that the application gets to the centre on time. We will not take any responsibilities for technical difficulties or lost applications sent via email or fax.
Please ensure your application is received by Liverpool MRC by the due date. Late applications may not be accepted.
Any questions about your application should be directed to the contact person identified in the job advertisement.
Posted applications must be marked “confidential” and sent to: C/O Operations Manager, Liverpool MRC, PO Box 435, Liverpool NSW 1871
Emailed applications should be sent to email@example.com or faxed to 02 9601 1398
Liverpool MRC staff are employed under an Equal Employment Opportunity policy. All applicants are assessed under the same criteria and using the same process.
An employment subcommittee will convene and follow the following process:
- Cull the applications according to the identified selection criteria. Applicants will not be interviewed if they do not meet the Essential criteria. Depending on the number and quality of applicants, the desirable criteria may be considered. In cases of an extremely large number of applicants meeting the desirable and essential criteria, the panel will select the applicants who meet the criteria best.
- Selected applicants will be interviewed and asked the same questions.
- Depending on the position, each candidate may be asked to participate in a short test assessing specific criteria (e.g. a typing test, writing skills or computer skills).
- Short listed applicants will be reference checked.
- Employment panel will identify successful candidate and conditions of offer of employment (i.e. wages, qualifying period)
- Convenor of the panel will make an offer of employment to the successful candidate – initially by phone and subsequently in writing.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be informed in writing.
- A report will be tabled at the following Management Committee meeting.